Friday 30 March 2007

My Open Letter To the Democrats (From Tanker Brothers)


I woke up this morning with thoughts of Americas politics on my mind, truly not the nicest way to start the day. As I lay in bed I started to think about how far Americas influence spread throughout the world. How their day to day drama's affect us all. Then I began to wonder what I would say to the Democrats if I had my chance.

And so I decided to write my thoughts in an open letter....

You Sad, Sorry, Pathetic, Spineless....

Ooops, you'll be wanting the edited version. With this in mind I am not actually aware of how you address your politicians in mail. I know it is customary for us to address ours 'To the Honourable.....' but those words just don't seem right in this case.

As an Australian and citizen of one of your most loyally allied countries, I feel compelled to write and voice my utter disgust at the way in which you choose to conduct yourselves.

As you sit abusing and misusing your positions of power on a daily basis, we your allies and friends, are left wondering where is your pride in your country?? Where is your pride in everything you stand for??

The United States is undoubtedly the most powerful country in the world. It's influences are far reaching and affect every other nation in one way or another. This gives you the unenviable responsibility of ensuring you conduct yourselves and your politics in a respectful and selfless manner. Since last years elections when the Democrats took the majority of power I have seen none of this.

I have seen a political party that has no respect for itself or the people that fight to keep their great nation free. I see a political party that does not seem able to comprehend the far reaching affects of it's decisions and campaigns. Speaking from my perspective, I wonder if you understand the consequences of withdrawing the Troops from Iraq and Afghanistan before they are able to complete the task at hand.

By 'Cutting and Running' you are undoubtedly bringing the fight to us. While this fight is in the Middle East we are able to conduct all operations as a united front. The Coalition is able to call on each others strengths to get the job done. By forcing the Presidents hand and 'ending' this war you will divide the Coalition. No longer will we be in a position to address the issue of Terrorism as a whole. By bringing the fight to us you are forcing each nation to defend itself, therefore not allowing us to work together. I wonder, do you feel confident that your country can withstand ongoing acts of terrorism if our Troops are not left to finish this fight?? If so, that is not a confidence I share.

I know many of you have visited Iraq and I have to wonder, exactly which parts of Iraq you saw?? I am in no doubt that little of your trip involved leaving the relative safety of your hotel since after visiting you still seem unconvinced of our need to be there. We all have much to be proud of in light of the progress being made over in these countries. Incase you were still ignorantly unaware, there is progress being made.

Might I suggest that maybe you spend a little less time negating the valiant efforts and successes of your countries Warriors and perhaps redirect some of that energy towards the Leftist Movements that have become an embarassment to your great nation. Unfortunately for you, it is their disgusting displays of treason that embed themselves in the minds of many who are then blinded to the courage and strength of your honourable Military Forces.

In my country, baring yourself to protest would earn you a trip to the police station and a court appearance. I have to confess, from an outsiders point of view it actually seems that you encourage these gatherings. I am left completely at a loss as to why people are legally allowed to denounce your countries leaders and openly encourage and support terrorism. Is this truly what your country meant when they decided that all it's citizens should have Freedom of Speech?? That people be allowed to openly support those who would see your country destroyed??

Perhaps all that energy mispent on negating the efforts of our Troops might be better spent reviewing your protest laws. I in no way support David Hicks, I am one of what seems to be a minority in my country who believe he is as guilty as sin. However it astounds me that on the one hand he is being tried for supporting terrorism and on the other, you have American citizens who openly and unashamedly boast of supporting the terrorists and they continually go uninvestigated and unpunished. I do not blame your President for this. I blame you. It would seem your Party has become so desperate to pursue the downfall of it's countries President that it can not see it's own treason.

Inevitably, as a united front, both the Democrats and the Terrorists seem likely to bring about the destruction of your country. Already your own private Coalition is erradicating the moral fibre of your nation. As you bicker amongst yourselves like spoilt children your people lose faith in it's government.

Today, more than any other day I can remember, I thank God that I am Australian. When, because of your actions, this war comes to us at least we will conduct ourselves in a courageous and honourable manner. We may not win but we will fight with and for the pride of our great nation.

Who will fight for you??

A_C

No comments: