Friday 30 March 2007

Old War Pics

In the process of doing posts for Tanker Brothers I have spent a hell of alot of time in the War History Archives. One of the things I really love about the Archives is the pics. So I put a bunch of them together.....

Also, The 4 pics before the clip are from Mary Ann. They are truly awesome and so is she for sharing them. Thanks Mary Ann!!

The pics are from Mary Anns dad and had little notes on the back describing what they were.

"Aussie guesting 2 Japs"

"Japs disembarking from the ship on which they signed the surrender." (I believe there were many small surrender signings.)

"This is the Navy's part of the color guard...not as sharp as we were. Hey hey!" This was at a Victory Mass the Chaplain said. Funny to think how long the intra service rivalrys have been going on.

"Private surrender conference we carried out in the far reaches of the Ricco river"









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the poster that said "if you can't go to the factory, help the neighbor who can". I suppose our equivalent is SA.

And is there a story behind the one that said "Avenge the Nurses"?

Never forget!

A_C said...

Yep MaryAnn, there is and I promise to get to it this weekend!!