Wednesday 16 May 2007

ADF - Current Operations and Deployments....

As of May 2007 approx 3850 ADF Personnel are deployed overseas...

IRAQ



The Australian Government was a strong and uncritical supporter of United States policy during the Iraq disarmament crisis and one of only four nations to commit combat forces to the 2003 invasion of Iraq in any substantial numbers, under the operational codename Operation Falconer.

It is now known that part of the Australian contingent of the Coalition were among the first forces to enter Iraq after the official "execute" order.[1]

Australian forces committed to the conflict included three Royal Australian Navy ships, 500 special forces troops, P-3 Orion patrol and C-130 Hercules transport aircraft, and RAAF 75 Squadron equipped with 14 F/A-18 Hornet fighters.

Combat forces committed to Operation Falconer for the 2003 Invasion were withdrawn during 2003. John Howard has yet to announce a withdrawal of Australian troops who are participating in the follow on mission to the invasion (known as Operation Catalyst), and has declined to give a deadline, stating that Australian troops will remain for as long as they are required.


To read links go Here

Before anyone has a chance to say there were no WMD found in Iraq and therefore no legitimate need for us to enter the country, you have to remember half the world was convinced of the presence of these weapons. That there were no WMD found in quantity in Iraq ws no reason to leave. From the minute we entered Iraq we made a commitment to the inoocent Iraqi Civillians who were desperate to rid themselves of the tyranny and barbaric treatment metered out to them by Sadaam Hussein, his family and supporters.

In any war, no matter what your standing and politics, there is one fact that remains true. War evolves. As you enter a country and are living amongst both the innocents and the enemy, your view of the war you are fighting will change. As a Soldier see's first hand both the horror and how they can assist the victims rebuild shattered lives, their perspective changes. They are then left trying to explain to a world that doesn't want to hear, about the good they are doing, the progress they are making.

There is no doubt that the war in Iraq has changed and has evolved. From a mission to find and destroy WMD it has become a war to help build hope, to rebuild a shattered country and restore peace and democracy. For those of us who realise that at times, you must prepare for war if you truly want peace, we stand by, we support those who fight and the victims when we can and we pray for the outcomes to justify the war. We share the Soldiers positive outlooks as they strive to make real progress in a country torn apart by war for a very long time.


Forces committed

  • A headquarters staff of about 60 personnel under the command of Brigadier Maurie McNarn.

No civillian will every truly comprehend the theatre of war. In sheer size alone, in numbers of Defence Personel, in equipment and the requirements for the day to day runnings of operations. Australias contribution to this is significant and warranted. By contributing to the fight in Iraq they are assisting in preventing that fight from being brought to our shores.

Operations by Australian Forces

In keeping with its relatively small size, the Australian force only made a limited contribution to Coalition operations during the invasion of Iraq. The Australian contribution was also geographically dispersed, with the Australian forces forming part of larger US and British units rather than a concentrated Australian unit. No Australian personnel were killed, wounded or taken prisoner during the war.





Maritime operations

Prior to the outbreak of war the Australian naval force in the Persian Gulf continued to enforce the sanctions against Iraq. These operations were conducted by boarding parties from the RAN warships and the AP-3 Orion patrol aircraft.[2]

Upon the outbreak of war the RAN's focus shifted to supporting the coalition land forces and clearing the approaches to Iraqi ports. HMAS Anzac provided gunfire support to Royal Marines during fighting on the Al-Faw Peninsula and the Clearance Diving Team took part in clearing the approaches to Umm Qasr. Boarding operations continued during the war, and on 20 March boarding parties from the HMAS Kanimbla seized an Iraqi ship carrying 86 naval mines.[3] Army LCM-8 Landing Craft were used as forward deployment and support platforms for the Navy boarding parties and were the first regular Maritime assets to the port of Umm Qasr, moving as far north as Basara on the inland waterways collecting intelligence for allied forces. LCM-8 Assets were utilised by British and American forces for various cargo transportation duties during the course of the war.

To read links go Here

If you take the time to follow the links at the bottom of each test box you will find a substantial amount of additional information on these and other related topics.

Please remember, if you chose not to support the Troops at least do it due to an informed opinion. It really doesn't take much to do a search and read some information and this small effort may just change your perspective a little.

A_C

17 comments:

A_C said...

Anyone else bored with this??

Anonymous said...

a_c,

Why do you even leave this crap up? This one obviously has mental problems and an extremely limited vocabulary. Seriously, he/she/it doesn't even qualify as a troll, that would be an insult to trolls......

Delete his/her/its crap and be done with it.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha get this. Clear. I don't, and it is unnatural as human being, to be impressed that you are willing to for anything other than a direct threat to yourself or family.

Simple as that. I'm not a chicken shit cause I won't die for you. I'm smart. That makes me smart. Get it. Of course not slave boy.

You're a loss. Afterburner? Pffft thrill ride small compensation for an entire live of slavery.

Anonymous said...

WOW, anon-my-ass, you added two new words to your vocabulary, you're up to about 6 words now!! (pat yourself on the back) What is this "entire life of slavery" you keep talking about, I signed the dotted line all by myself....like a big boy (try it sometime)

Are getting off on all this? You're not making any points, just calling people a few different names (at least the few you've learned so far)

You continue to prove to anyone who comes here that you have serious anger issues. You are like most leftards I've ever known, you just throw big temper tantrums until someone throws a pacifier in your mouth......you need the spanking your mom and dad obviously never gave you.

Anonymous said...

A_C,
So you know this is not the anonymous idiot, I wrote your most recent "support the troops letter", and we met thru soldier's angels.

Now, I have read the dickless wonders rantings and ravings and have a few questions to ask. If this war is strictly about oil, then why am I helping to train an Iraqi army unit, and not guarding some oil field. Why am I talking to several Iraqi civilians weekly as they come to me with names of terrorists in their village and the types of attacks these terrorists are conducting. Why are we looking for weapons caches instead of new oil fields. I hate the fact that I'm not with my family. I will freely admit that. I have been deployed twice, and I hope I never have to pull a trigger. If I do, it will be to defend myself or the men with me. You can use all of the curse words you want, and I just keep thinking, well, I'm in the military so spineless bastards like the dickless wonder can rant and rave like he's been doing. Doesn't matter to me if your american, british, or aussie. You have a freedom of speech granted to you by the government and the men and women who have bled and died to give you that right. For those of you who have read this, I apologize for the few off color remarks, but maybe the spineless, dickless bastard will read this, react, and give us more laughs with his ranting and raving.

A_C said...

Wow, just woke up and found all this...

Am I that ugly?? Does that mean you wouldn't touch me?? Now we can only hope you feel the same about every other female in the world so you don't breed!!

I keep getting this mental pic of Pingu the Possessed sitting at a computer furiously typing until his head explodes.

Blah blah blah curse curse blah curse blah blah curse curse curse curse blah curse curse blah blah....BANG!!!

It's kind of amusing actually.

Well have managed to establish that we can't talk sense to my mate Pingu the Possessed so I think I'll just start deleting. I'm bored

Anonymous said...

You know A_C it's the children that want to "play" like adults that think they have to resort to gutter talk.

A_C said...

Awwww, no hope for me huh??

Gee, it really bothers me that you don't find me attractive, no really it does!!

Are you waiting for your kiddie Leftist Propaganda site to feed you more drivel before you post another rant Pingu??

Anonymous said...

Bet you feel like a "big man" when you talk like that, don't ya anonymous? Unfortunately for you, everyone else sees you as the child you are.

A_C said...

Terri, I think I'm onto him...

Between you and I, I think he might have a crush on me. Hmmmm, how do I tell him I don't date people half my age??

I want to let him down as gently as I can.

Anonymous said...

Quite frankly, the way he's been ranting he doesn't deserve to be let down easily.

A_C said...

Ok, if this blatant acts of stupidity are offending anyone, just email me and I'll put a stop to it.

Personally though, they only serve to remind me why I am on the side I am on.

Let's see, women can't fight for their country, women shouldn't work and leave their children in childcare, the only thing women can do is get pregnant and cry rape...

Mysoginistic little buggers aren't ya!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A_C said...

Now, who is occupying Whose blogsite??

See how easy it is Kiddies??

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A_C said...

No effort - really!!

Anonymous said...

a_c

I'm all done feeding the trolls, delete them or leave them be, it doesn't really matter to me.