Friday 4 May 2007

Quick Story...

A friend of mine often lets me talk about 'My Boys' and has seen pics of many of them up on my bedroom walls. One in particular caught her eye and she often asked about him. She also mentioned she wouldn't mind getting in touch with him.

I told this Soldier about my friend and he offered to send her a postcard. It arrived today and I rang her to tell her I had a suprise for her. She told me she was having a crap day, work had been rough and she wanted to sleep (at 1:30 in the afternoon). In the end she gave in and came around and I handed her thr postcard.

She was so thrilled she couldn't stop smiling. We sat around and chatted for a while and as she left she again told me how that small gesture had just made her day.

To which I replied, "Now, imagine how those small gestures can make a Deployed Soldiers day"....

Needless to say she will be writing back!!!

Food for thought

A_C

3 comments:

Tracy said...

heh. you know me and my romantic heart. Keep me posted on how this relationship progresses LOL

A_C said...

Tracy....You're hopeless!!

Just a side note though, she did send a letter off today and asked about SA!!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinkin' she won't be sorry.